Ocean freight is the best transport mode for the large cargo quantities, what do not require short transit time.
Balti Logistika offers:
- A full array of global ocean freight services
- Less-than-container load (LCL) and full container load (FCL) services
- Online tracking through Balti Logistika webpage (www.baltilogistika.com)
Good to know about ocean freight:
- Weight and volume ratio in ocean freight is 1 m3 = 1000 kg
- In ocean freight the carrier’s liability is up to 2.00 SDR per gross kg
- Bill of Lading (B/L)
- Manifest of goods
- Commercial Invoice or Packing Slip issued by the shipper
There are different types of ocean freight containers: usually 20’ and 40’ containers are used, but there are also containers that retain temperature (reefer) for the transportation of perishable goods, and open top containers for shipments with large dimensions.
Additional: container drawings with measurements and information about the number of pallets that can be loaded.